New Science in Everyday Life comprises eight books for classes 1 to 8. The new series conforms fully to the vision of the National Curriculum Framework.
The books for 6 to 8 comply fully with the syllabi prescribed by the NCERT and follow the thematic approach recommended for the middle and secondary level. This approach serves to bridge middle school science to the science curriculum in classes IX and X.
Comprehensive Learning Tools help learners quickly grasp and retain concepts:
- Fact FileÂ Interesting concept-related snippets.
- Get It RightÂ Alerts to commonly held misconceptions.
- Word HelpÂ Â Meaning of difficult words.
- Key WordsÂ Â Definitions of important scientific terms.
- SummaryÂ Quick recap of the chapter.
- Tech SpecsÂ Real-life technological applications.
- ActivityÂ Hands-on experiments.
- Great ScientistsÂ Short inspirational insights into the lives and achievements of great scientists.
Continuous Assesment Tools help monitor learners’ progress:
- Chapter-opening illustrationsÂ as interactive warm-ups.
- Let’s RememberÂ Questions after every major topic.
- WorksheetÂ For formative evaluation at the end of every chapter.
- Let’s CreateÂ Suggestions for projects and activities.
- Test PapersÂ Two formative (short paper-pencil tests) and one summative assesment test papers for each term.